Friday, April 16, 2010

The Best Chapstick I've Ever Used.


This has to be my favorite chapstick I've ever owned in my entire life. And i've owned a lot. I probably bought every flavor of Smackers chapstick when I was a kid. I liked Burt's Bees for a while because of the minty-ness but it made my lips feel weird. I don't know if there is a term for it but it was kind of the lip equivalent of pruny fingers I suppose? Plus I feel like all the chapsticks I used before made my lips "shed" and an inconsistent rate. I can't remember why I decided to buy the Nivea chapstick since I'm such a creature of habit but it had to be one of the best decisions that I've made.

There are so many things that distinguish this chapstick from others but here are the ones that I notice the most:
  • It glides on so smooth to the point that it actually feels wet. 
  • It offers SPF (even though its a low one)
    • Also available without SPF (the cap is dark blue)
  • Actually MOISTURIZES your lips without making them "pruny"
  • Doesn't have any flavor/scent. I find that flavors make it seem cheap and they taste terrible.
  • Not colored or dyed.
  • Relatively cheap.
  • The cap is like a sheath instead of the typical dinky chapstick caps.
    • Easier to keep track of and it's just cooler in general.
Beauty Tip: For perfectly moisturized and healthy lips, I apply chapstick on at night before I go to sleep. Skin is more absorbent at night and you won't be tempted to constantly rub your lips together/smack them so it'll stay put. The chapstick can be properly absorbed and your lips will show a visible difference in no time at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment