Friday, April 16, 2010

TRESemmé Fresh Start Review



I couple months ago, I decided to join the "No Poo" movement and wash my hair less often. I still rinse it with water but the problem was that my hair would get too oily near the roots on the days that I didn't wash it. TRESemmé Fresh Start dry shampoo looked pretty promising, so I picked it up the next time that I made a run out to Target. Unfortunately, I was pretty disappointed. But I'll lay out the pros and cons and let you decide for yourself.



Pros:

  • Reduces SOME oil/shine.
  • Relatively cheap.
Cons:

  • Dries on as a white-ish color and doesn't completely brush out.
  • Smells a little off.
  • Makes your hair feel dirty/sticky/heavy.
  • Doesn't completely reduce oil.

Now, I realize this sounds a little biased but I'm incredibly critical and usually notice the annoying things first. From my experience, I didn't feel that Fresh Start did a good enough job to even compare to washing your hair. It didn't live up to my expectations and I definitely wouldn't buy it again. I've probably used the product less than 5 times but I dislike it so much that I don't think I'll use the rest of the can.

I recently found a homemade shampoo recipe through StumbleUpon that I'm eager to try out this summer, which I'll update you on after I've tested it out. It uses baking soda for the "shampoo" and apple cider vinegar for the "conditioner." I'm pretty sure my hair will end up smelling terrible. But maybe that's a fair trade-off if it turns out healthier and shinier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment